[ccpw id="5"]

HomeAuto MotiveWhat are the consequences of saying "I'm sorry" after a car accident...

What are the consequences of saying “I’m sorry” after a car accident in Massachusetts?


It can be challenging to negotiate the aftermath of an automobile accident. For victims of crashes, pain and disorientation are common. Even if it wasn’t your fault, it could be normal to apologise for an accident.

However, in Massachusetts, apologising for an automobile accident could be interpreted as admitting blame. Drivers should avoid any statement interpreted as an admission of fault. It could be more difficult for a driver to prevail in their car accident case if they accept culpability.

Consult our knowledgeable auto accident attorney for advice and support if you are hurt in a collision. You can find the proper legal counsel by visiting this website.

In Massachusetts, Should I Apologize Following a Car Accident?

After a car collision, you shouldn’t apologise or say anything repentant in Massachusetts. Talking to other drivers, passengers, witnesses, and police officials falls within this category. Avoiding an apology could feel awkward, but doing so could prevent you from receiving accident-related compensation.

Additionally, refrain from apologising when conversing with insurance company staff. After accidents are recorded, insurance adjusters may get in touch to swiftly and affordably resolve any claims. These adjusters will frequently interpret any apology as an admission of guilt. It is advantageous for accident victims to refrain from speaking with insurance agents absent legal counsel.

How an apology after a car accident in Massachusetts may affect your legal rights

After an automobile accident in Massachusetts, it might be detrimental to your potential to obtain financial compensation if you apologise or otherwise confess fault. Courts will apply the idea of modified comparative blame for determining damages in car accident actions, in accordance with Mass. Gen. Laws Ch. 231 85. In other words, damages in your case will be decided according to your degree of fault. If a motorist was at blame for an accident and you were at fault for 20% of it, the defendant will be required to pay for 80% of the damages the accident caused, while you will be accountable for the remaining 20%.

As a result, the defendants and their insurers will hunt for any chance to place the blame for an accident somewhere else. The insurance companies for the defendants can avoid paying the total amount of claims by placing the blame on the plaintiff. As a result, expressing regret or making any sort of apology after an accident may prevent you from receiving all of the possible compensation.


Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here


The Basic and Advanced Functions in MetaTrader 5

In recent years, the world of online trading has grown exponentially. From a small niche, it is now a major activity for many investors. Before...

FilipinoKisses.com: In which 540,000+ dynamic Singles during the Philippines & overseas research Love using the internet

The Quick Type: On FilipinoKisses.com, distance doesn't stand in just how of really love and friendship. Should you want to date some one from inside...

HerpesDatingWeb.com Reviews & Recommends the Top Dating internet sites for Singles With HSV-1 & HSV-2

The small type: HerpesDatingWeb.com has brought clearness on internet dating scene by reviewing and rating ideal sites for singles with herpes. Now singles need not...

Skype Dating frauds in 2020: Things to Know and Protection

Internet dating cons currently on the rise recently and they phonies are getting really imaginative and even dirtier than previously. It is vital to know about...

Most Popular